Saturday, October 2, 2010

From homeless to property deal two

Just going to give you a little diary entry on the second deal. On the weekend i went up to my mums to see if there we're any adds in the paper for a garage sale or clearance sale to look for things for a unit renovation. I could not find any. I wined at mum "what am i going to do now!!". Mum passed the paper over and said go for a drive out and have a look at this property and pointed out an advertised cottage in the paper going for a very affordable price.

I gave it a little thought and ummed and erred then we got in the car drove out to have a look. To cut a long story short the numbers stacked and i could add value via renovation, built in equity on purchase day and positive cashflow from day one of about $50 per week. My negotiations could not get the price down any lower. They wanted the price they were asking and had people hovering around the deal on the day offering.

I thought to myself the asking price was good deal anyway. In something i read from Steve McKnights book at the split second when i needed something to get this deal across the line. I remember it saying, "don't look a gift-horse in the mouth".

I called instantly adrenalin flowing and put the offing in right on the full asking price. I couldn't go wrong. "It's what the vendor wanted". The agent called later and confirmed the offer was accepted.  if your young and don't know always remember, "Mum's know what's best!"

No comments:

Post a Comment